The Following prayer is provided by Rabbi Isaac to bring peace to all who would desire an outline for how to pray in these uncertain times. The quote from Psalm 91 below has been modified to be spoken in the first person to claim G-d’s promises for yourself. We hope this blesses you and your family as you pray this with us:
Avinu, Malkeinu, (Our Father, Our King) You are the Holy One of Israel and You alone are worthy of honor, glory and praise! We thank you for your goodness for we know that with You, we can overcome every storm and pestilence including COVID-19. You have prophesied and promised through your servant David,
“Whoever dwells in the shelter of the Most High, will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.
We will say of YHVH, “You are my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust.”
Surely You will save us from the hunter’s snare and from any deadly pestilence. You will cover us with Your feathers, and under Your wings we will find refuge; and Your faithfulness will be our shield and rampart.
We will not fear the terror of night, nor the arrow that flies by day, nor the pandemic that stalks in the darkness, nor the plague that destroys at midday.
A thousand may fall at our side, and ten thousand at our right hand, but it will not affect us… We will only observe with our eyes and see the punishment of the wicked.
Abba Father, right now we thank you for this wake-up call and are asking you to:
- Heal those who are sick and protect those who are not.
- Give our leaders extra wisdom as they navigate this time of pandemic and economic uncertainty, and confound the wicked and their nefarious plans against your people.
- Strengthen your people and reveal to us how we can partner together to reach the needs of those around us.
- Perfect us in love and take away all fear. Fill us with your hope, joy and peace as we continue to trust in you.
- Use this pestilence to pave the way for repentance and spiritual renewal. We want your glory, power and healing to be on display.
In Your Holy Name we Pray, Amen