A Prophet like unto Moshe!In Deut 18:15-19 God prophecies of the future one whom He would send to Israel:
The LORD thy God will raise up (like an sacrifice) unto thee a Prophet from the midst of thee, of thy brethren(Has to be Jewish.. cannot be muslim), like unto me (see comparison); unto him ye shall sh’ma (listen and do like); According to all that thou requested of the LORD thy God in Horeb in the day of the assembly, saying, Let me not hear again the voice of the LORD my God, neither let me see this great fire any more, that I die not. And the LORD said unto me, They have well spoken that which they have spoken. (the Word and glory will become veiled in human flesh) I will raise them up a Prophet from among their brethren, like unto thee, and will put my words in his mouth; and he shall speak unto them all that I shall command him. And it shall come to pass, that whosoever will not sh’ma unto my words (D’var) which he shall speak (d’var) in my name, I will require it of him. לא־ישׁמע אל־דברAre you the Prophet? They asked John (John 1:21). He said he was not because this referred to Moses’ prophecy that God would send the Messiah as a Prophet like Moshe in Deut. 18:15-19 In Acts 7:35-38 Peter says, “This Moses whom they refused, saying, Who made thee a ruler and a judge? (PARSHAT SHOFTIM reference is the one that likens the coming Messiah to Moshe) the same did God send to be a ruler and a deliverer by the hand of the angel which appeared to him in the bush. He brought them out, after that he had shewed wonders and signs in the land of Egypt, and in the Red sea, and in the wilderness forty years. This is that Moses, which said unto the children of Israel, A prophet shall the Lord your God raise up unto you of your brethren, like unto me; him shall ye hear. This is he, that was in the assembly in the wilderness with the angel which spake to him in the mount Sinai, and with our fathers: who received the lively oracles to give unto us: To whom our fathers would not obey, but thrust him from them, and in their hearts turned back again into Egypt…” Mat 21:10, 11 And when he was come into Jerusalem, all the city was moved, saying, Who is this And the multitude said, This is Yahoshua The PROPHET of Nazareth of Galilee.
Yeshua is the “Prophet Like Unto Moses”!In light of these passages of Scripture, here are thirty (30) ways in which Yeshua ben Yosef minetzeret indeed resembled Moses:
1) Just as there were 400 years of silence before Adonai sent Moses to deliver Israel from her bondage to Pharaoh, so there were 400 of years of silence before Adonai sent His own Son, Yeshua the Messiah, to utterly deliver Israel from her ultimate bondage to sin and death.
2) Both Moses and Yeshua were sent from God (Exod. 3:1-10; John 8:42).
3) Both Moses and Yeshua were Jews (Exod. 2:1-2; Matt. 1:1-16; Luke 1-2; Heb. 7:14). (Note: This is no small thing, since Muslims claim that Muhammad is the prophet Moses referred to here; which is obviously incorrect, since the Messiah must be a Jew, “from among your brothers” – see John 4:24).
4) Both had faithful Jewish parents (Exod. 2:2; Heb. 11:23; Matt. 2:13-14).
5) Both were born under foreign rule (Exod. 1:8-14; Luke 2:1).
6) Both were threatened by wicked kings (Exod. 1:15-16; Matt. 2:16).
7) Both Moses and Yeshua spent their early years in Egypt, miraculously protected from those who sought their lives (Exod. 2:10; Matt. 2:14-15).
8) Both rejected the possibility to become rulers in this age. Moses was raised as a son in the royal family and could have enjoyed a lavish lifestyle as a powerful ruler, but he chose differently (Heb. 11:24); Satan offered Yeshua the rule over the kingdoms of this world (Matt. 4:8-9), but rejected that offer and chose to suffer and die for the sake of the people of Israel.
9) Both Moses and Yeshua were sent from a mountain of God to free Israel. Moses was sent from (physical) Mount Sinai in Midian, Arabia; Yeshua was sent from a spiritual Mount Zion in Heaven Heb. 12:22).
10) Both were initially rejected by the Jews (Exod. 32:1; Isa. 53: 3; Matt. 27:21-2; Rom. 11:25).
11) Both were accepted by Gentiles (Moses by the Midianites (Exod. 2:14-22); Yeshua by the world (Acts 10:45; 1 Tim. 3:16).
12) Both were criticized by their families (Num. 12:1; Mark 3:20-21).
13) Both knew God panim l’panim (face to face). God spoke directly to both Moses and Yeshua (Exod. 3:1-10; Deut. 34:10; Luke 9:34-36). All other prophets received their revelation by visions or dreams (Deut. 34:10; John 1:18). Both were authoritative spokesmen for God (Matt. 17:5; John 3:34).
14) Both were teachers (Deut. 4:1-5; Matt. 22:16; John 3:2).
15) Both revealed God’s Name (Exod. 3:13-14; John 17:6, 11-12)
16) Both were faithful to God (Num. 12:5-7; Heb. 3:1-2).
17) Both gave the people bread from Heaven (Exod. 16:14-15; Matt. 14:19-20) and performed various miracles (Exod. 4:21-8; Deut. 34:10-12; John 5:36; 12:37-8).
18) Both were appointed as saviors of Israel (Moses as Israel’s deliverer from the bondage to Pharaoh; Yeshua as Israel’s deliverer from the bondage to Satan).
19) Both were shepherds of Israel (Moses led the Israelites through the wilderness (Exod. 3:1; Numbers), Yeshua led His followers as the Good Shepherd (John 10:10-11; Matt. 9:36).
20) Both were humble servants of the LORD (Num. 12:3; Luke 2:46-7; Phil. 2:8-9).
21) Both fasted for forty days in the wilderness (Exod. 34:28; Matt. 4:2).
22) Both were Mediators of a covenant of blood: Moses of the older covenant (Exod. 24:7-8) and Yeshua of the new covenant (Matt. 26:26-28; Mark 14:24; Luke 22:20; Heb. 9:11-15; 1 Cor. 11:25; 2 Cor. 3:6).
23) Both offered to die on behalf of the people’s sins (Exod. 32:30-33; John 17).
24) Just as Moses instituted the LORD’s Passover on Nisan 14 as the means by which the Angel of death would pass over those Israelites who trusted in God’s promise regarding the blood of the lamb (Exod. 12:11-12), so Yeshua offered Himself as the sacrificial Lamb of God who takes away the sins of the world (John 1:29).
25) Just as Moses brought about the “resurrection” of the children of Israel as they passed through the Red Sea; so Yeshua became the Firstfruits of resurrection as He rose from the dead.
26) Just as the Torah was given to Israel fifty days after the Exodus from Egypt (on Pentecost or Shavuot), so Yeshua sent the Holy Spirit to form the Church fifty days after His resurrection.
27) Both of their faces shone with the glory of heaven – Moses on Mount Sinai (Exod. 34:34-5) and Yeshua on the Mount of Transfiguration (Matt. 17:2).
28) As Moses lifted up the brazen serpent in the wilderness to heal his people (Num. 21:8-9); so Yeshua was lifted up on the cross to heal all believers from their sin (John 12:32).
29) As Moses conquered the great enemy of Israel, the Amalekites with his upraised arms (Exod. 17:11), so Yeshua conquered our ultimate enemy of sin and death by His upraised arms on the cross (John 19:18).
30) As Moses sent twelve spies to explore Canaan (Num. 13), so Yeshua sent twelve apostles to reach the world (Matt. 10:1); and as Moses appointed seventy rulers over Israel (Num. 11:16-7), so Yeshua anointed seventy disciples to teach the nations (Luke 10:1).So how was Yeshua a Prophet like Moses? Like Moses, He was a Torah observant Jew, a Leader, a Prophet, a Lawgiver, a meek servant Leader, a Savior, a Teacher, a Priest, an Anointed One, a Mediator between God and man — speaking the words of God — and like Moses, He offered himself as an intercessor for Israel… (For more on this topic please watch our Torah Parashah Shoftim where I explain more!)
We hope this teaching blesses you in your spiritual understanding and growth! As we are solely supported by your Tzedakah charity, please consider supporting this ministry for the continued spread of Truth by giving a love offering here.
Also if you have a need for prayer, please write us and let us know how to pray for you and we feel privileged to be intercessors in prayer for all our worldwide family!
Don’t forget to… – GO to our YouTube channel and… – LIKE the videos – SUBSCRIBE to our channel – SHARE our YouTube channel – FOLLOW us on Instagram – FIND us on Facebook, as well as… – POST this website: http://www.calledoutbelievers.org with your friends on Facebook!
Study by Rabbi Isaac. © 2020 Assembly of Called-Out Believers. Website: CalledOutBelievers.org. Use by Permission